This position will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing and production release of lighting (exterior) components.
Other responsibilities will include quality improvements, design, regulatory compliance specifications, weight reduction, cost reduction, and efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- MUST HAVE 1-5 years of release experience with automotive lighting, optics, or exterior lighting.
- Responsible for packaging requirements, lighting performance, lighting system behavior/validation.
- EE background helpful.
- Knowledge of headlamp, tail lamp, small lamp technologies, design practices and regulatory compliance specifications required.
- Working knowledge of NX/Teamcenter desired.
- Knowledge of development testing and validation processes desired.
- Shainin and/or DFSS blackbelt experience preferred.
- Experience developing performance standards and source packages helpful.
- Track record of strong leadership.
- Must be self-directed.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required to support design/development process.
- May be required to drive a company car.
- Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.May be required to travel domestically and internationally (Canada) 20%